Just like in the US, malls in New Zealand are being overrun by teenage hoons. In response, a Christchurch mall will begin playing the tunes of crooner Barry Manilow. This will hopefully drive away the kids and attract a more desirable demographic... middle-aged mothers. I dedicate this blog post to my mom, who recently attended a Barry Manilow concert. No joke!
* Special thanks to Candice for sniffing out this Kiwi news story all the way from Brooklyn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"Hoons", "heaps", "day tramps"??? I think you're going native... !
I can't believe this is a true story. Did they get the idea from watching the Conan joke about playing Manilow at the playground?
I am not sure this will be effective, as most "hoons" probably carry their own tunes in a little device with a wheel on the front. Or so I have heard.
Post a Comment