Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rural Insurer

Any 30 Rock fans in the hizzy? Think back to episode 10 when Jenna filmed a movie called The Rural Juror. It became a running joke on the show because no one could pronounce the title. Such a silly phrase wouldn't exist in real life, would it? New Zealand's Farmers' Mutual Group comes pretty darn close. Ads posted all over the countryside proclaim the company to be the leading "rural insurer." Does Tina Fey have a Kiwi connection? I drive past these signs often. First, I laugh, then I feel sad because it reminds me of all the good TV I'm missing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As good at 'The Rural Juror' is I don't think it beats Arrested Development's 'Bob Loblaw's Law Blog'....

MoCo said...

I forgot about that one! My favorite AD moment was when Tobias began a new career as an analrapsit.

NICKI said...

Never fear missing TV: Hulu has all the NBC and Fox shows, and Comedy Central also has free downloads available. Cable not required, just Internet Access!

MoCo said...

Unfortunately, Hulu and most of the network sites only allow their videos to be played in the US. I'll be very busy upon my return!