Monday, January 5, 2009

E-I-E-I-O

Here are some pictures of the charming little farm on which I spent my first Kiwi Christmas. There was good company and good food! The hostess apologized profusely for not having an American pumpkin pie. I said I was happy to learn some new holiday traditions. I changed my mind upon tasting the Christmas pudding. I’ll stick with the pumpkin pie for Christmases to come.

To my dismay, the dairy cows were kept at an off-site location, but I did see some horses! The humans were drinking champagne before noon, and it wasn’t much longer until the horses joined in the fun (thanks to grandma). The horses are pretty big, so I suppose they can handle their booze better than these drunk dogs. Puppy lushes!

The farm was located in the outskirts of Carterton, a rural town that likes to call itself the Daffodil Capitol of the World. No, I did not see a single daffodil. We took a ride into "town" to pick up beer and a razor (not to be used in combination).
Me: Wow, I feel like I just entered the 1930s.
Him: I was wondering which decade you were going to pick.
Me: What would you say?
Him: Maybe the 80s.
Me: 80s?!?!
Him: Oh yeah, I forgot you think Wellington is in the 80s.

If you think you spot a bathtub among the horses, you're correct. I see these all over NZ. I don't know.

1 comment:

NICKI said...

Hey, you see those bathtubs in Pennsyltucky too. I still don't know...